Welcome to Greater Moncton. Affordable housing, exciting job opportunities, effective support systems, and hospitable residents are key reasons why the Greater Moncton Area is the first choice for many families looking to relocate.
The communities of Moncton, Riverview, Dieppe, and Shediac offer more than that, however. They provide the opportunity to live authentically with fresh air, pure water, accessible nature, nourishing food sources, kind neighbours, and free education for your children.
Even though the area has outpaced the national rate of population growth for the last five years, according to Statistics Canada, it still has an easy-living pace and lots of room to grow. The 140,000 plus local residents contribute to a diverse and vibrant culture exemplified by a large number of ethnic restaurants and exciting festivals year-round.
The region is scenically beautiful and features two spectacular national parks within a one-hour drive. There are opportunities for skiing in the winter and boating in the summer as well as woodland hiking and swimming and sunbathing on beautiful beaches.
As the Province of New Brunswick’s largest and fastest-growing metropolitan area, Greater Moncton is ever-changing and adding new facilities and programs for the enjoyment of its residents.
It is a place to work and grow in your career of choice. Key economic sectors for Moncton, Riverview, Dieppe, and Shediac include manufacturing, finance, insurance, gaming, automation, information and communications technologies, professional services, tourism, and transportation and logistics.
In short, Greater Moncton offers everything for a full quality of life and meaningful work all served up in a safe and naturally beautiful setting.
But what really makes Greater Moncton the place to be?
• Most affordable real estate in Canada
• Best small city health care in Canada
• Average commute time of 12 minutes
• Warm water beaches & sailing 20 minutes from Moncton.
• 14 golf courses, some designed by PGA professionals
• Low crime rate; the safest large community in Atlantic Canada
• Best retail shopping environment in Atlantic Canada
• One-hour drive from two national parks
• Seven of NB’s top 16 tourism attractions are in the region
• Home to the only casino in New Brunswick
• Largest indoor arena in New Brunswick
• Home of the largest multi-function outdoor stadium in Atlantic Canada, having hosted the IAAF world junior athletic championships, international track & field competitions, and CFL games
• Considered Atlantic Canada’s entertainment hub, having hosted world-renowned acts such as U2, Rolling Stones, AC/DC, and Bruce Springsteen